Ways to reduce the risk of coronavirus
Here are the 10 Ways to Reduce the Risk of Coronavirus.
• Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with a paper towel or hand dryer.
• Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
• Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies.
• Phone your doctor (GP) first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
• Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline at 137 848.
• Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
• Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
• Get the flu shot (now available)
• Avoid shaking hands.
For other health matters, please book an appointment with one of our doctors here.